Work in a Postcard
At the Hotel Eldorado, our CREW members take pride in the hotel’s storied heritage and work together to provide the highest level of guest service, believing no detail is too small to overlook. Maintaining this level of service requires individuals with passion and dedication. If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent, and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you!
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
Servers, Bartenders, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Night Auditor,Stewards, Room Attendants
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Head Mixologist
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Hotel Eldorado is a 52 room full-service boutique hotel that showcases a singularly unique Okanagan experience. Guests enjoy sweeping lake views, locally inspired food and beverage and genuine caring service. Only a few kilometers from downtown Kelowna, we are a short distance from beaches, shopping, and world-renown wineries. Whether enjoying a local culinary experience in our Lakeside Dining Room, chatting with friends on the boardwalk bistro, or renting a boat at the Eldorado Marina, our guests experience Life in a Postcard.
The position of Head Mixologist is responsible for overseeing the operations of the lounge, providing daily supervision and direction of the food and beverage service staff, while interacting with guests to ensure a positive guest experience. This position assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of quality standards for the lounge service staff. This position also completes other duties related to the daily operations of the lounge as assigned by the Food and Beverage Manager.
Responsibilities and essential job function include but are not limited to the following:
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of all policies, procedures and standards as stated in the Food & Beverage Handbook and the Hotel Eldorado CREW Handbook
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests
- Provide speedy resolutions for any issues that arise during a guest’s dining experience
- Regularly monitor meal service to ensure standards are being properly executed
- Build and maintain effective relationships with guests, CREW members and management
- Demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and take every opportunity to promote the hotel’s dining outlets
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
- Create a fun, safe and exciting working environment championing H&S initiatives.
- Demonstrate hands-on management approach to lead our service team
- Continuously seek ways to minimize operating expenses and drive all revenue streams.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained to deliver quality service and within budgeted labour
- Give daily support and guidance to fellow service personnel as well as monitor job performance to ensure designed experience is delivered to our guests
- Coach and train employees as well as provide disciplinary action when required
- Ensure proper record keeping, inventory and cash handling procedures are followed
- Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas, and service areas
- Follow Hotel Eldorado ordering procedures while staying in line with the budget
- Hands on involvement in creating and costing beverage menus
- Minimum two years’ Mixologist and Food and Beverage leadership experience in a similar environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- Wine, beer and cocktail knowledge is required
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business or Hospitality Management is an asset
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Guest focused, outgoing, positive, friendly attitude
- Able to work flexible hours in line with guest and business needs, including weekends and holidays as required
- Serving It Right Certificate
You will be offered a competitive benefits package and will be eligible to receive discounted products and services offered by the Inn-Trust Hospitality group of properties.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com